If you are local to Collegeville listen up! In just two short weeks we will be voting on leadership. Don’t know much about the candidates?
20 Things About Me…
Aidsand Franklin “Ace” Wright-Riggins, III (What a mouthful!)
- “Aidsand” (Azan) is a family name, meaning “Call to prayer” and “One who helps the weak”.
- There are five us in my direct line and several cousins with the name as well.
- I have three sisters and am the only boy.
- My first car was a Volkswagen Beetle.
- My nickname morphed into “Ace” in high school but its stated out as “A-C Spark Plug” as a child.
- I was quarterback and captain of my undefeated high school football team.
- I write a daily meditation which is shared with close to a thousand people every morning of the work week. Been doing it for almost five years now.
- I have three children and three grandchildren. Two boys and one girl. Two granddaughters and one grandson.I have lived in California, New York, Vermont and Pennsylvania.
- I have visited every state in the United States, five continents and scores of countries.
- My music preferences range from jazz to classical as well as Old School R&B to Gospel.
- Each morning, I ask myself, “How might I extend and exhibit the grace and justice of God to people, places and spaces who need it most?”
- I’ve lost 30 pounds in the last three months!
- I am an ordained clergyman with an earned doctorate degree and several honorary degrees.
- I currently work with former President Jimmy Carter helping churches bridge racial and theological divides.
- I am a voracious reader, consuming everything from novels to history to biographies to theology.
- Photography is a form of meditation and contemplation for me.
- My wife is named “Betty” but I have always called her “Joy”. That is what she has been to me for almost 40 years now.
- I’m a closet introvert but my passions push me to appear to be an extrovert.
- Choosing between Alaska and the Caribbean, Alaska would be my destination 8 out of 10 times.
- I much more prefer learning about you than talking about me.
Watch below and learn more. Great man and a great candidate. Remember to VOTE! November 7th.
I have prepared this 6 minute video to share with my Collegeville friends and supporters. Please share this with your Facebook friends in Collegeville and in your networks. Please vote on November 7th.
Posted by Aidsand F. Wright-Riggins III on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
If you would like to learn more please start the discussion on Time to Discuss, ask your questions and I am sure Ace will be happy to answer!
If you are unsure how voting works, or have questions on where to vote please visit Montgomery Voter Services