This song is H-O-T, HOT!
T. Swift has had some major hits, and some serious mishaps with other artists.
What I love about this song is how Swift subtly calls out the parties involved. Taylor isn’t putting them down, being derogatory, or mean hearted. She is just saying she is not taking it anymore. She takes responsibility for her actions as well and all to a great beat!
While this song is clearly meant as a “clap back” to her haters, I have taken a different interpretation.
For me this song represents every setback one has had. Whether it is a specific person, a job, an illness, an event etc. Something that has had a profound affect on your life and somewhat has changed you and formed you into your new more powerful self.
The tune is reminiscent of 90’s beat to me. Simple, catchy and empowering. The kinda song that fills your head when you have your power panties on and are walking into a room about to set shit on fire with what you are about to bring to the table.
This song is definitely being added to my “Power Panties Playlist” with the likes of:
- Run the World(Beyonce)
- Grown Woman (Beyonce)
- Confident (Demi Lavato)
- Fight Song (Rachel Platten)
- F*%king Perfect, (PINK)
- All about the Bass (Meghan Trainer)
- Girl on Fire (Alycia Keys)
- Stronger (Britney Spears)
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Aretha Franklin)
- Hit me with your best shot (Pat Benatar)
- Fighter (Christina Aguilera)
- (What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You) Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)
- That’s My Girl (Fifth Harmony)
- I Ain’t Your Mama (Jennifer Lopez)
- She Works Hard for the Money (Donna Summer)
- Unstoppable (Sia)
- A little party never killed nobody (Fergie, Qtip, Goonrock)
- Survivor (Destiny’s Child)
- So What (PINK)
- Firework (Katy Perry)
Thank you Taylor Swift for another catchy tune to rock out to!!