Quotable Moments

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alicia 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alicia
    Participant

With The Secret Wife, we sometimes responded to quotes. I wrote some down because I thought they were interesting. What do you think?

“… I still try to be serious, but apathy has become a part of me now…”

“Don’t try to participate in anyone else’s idea of what is supposed to happen in a relationship. You will fail.”

“Anxiety only typically becomes unmanageable for me when I feel I have no choice, when I feel trapped.”

“Scrupulous people don’t enjoy causing trouble, but they can be defiant as hell.”

“People being tough on you doesn’t mean they’re villains.”

Nel
    Keymaster

Ooo! I will have to look back into the book, there were some definite quotable moments, the one about Zac Efron being like Charles Mansen and the Olivia Palermo reference….

Merry
    Participant

“I gave up on being Nice. I started putting more value on other qualities instead: Passion, bravery, intelligence, practicality, humor, patience, fairness, sensitivity. Those last three might seem like they are covered by Nice, but make no mistake, they are not. A person who smiles a lot and remembers everyone’s birthday can turn out to be undercover crazy, a compulsive thief, and boring to boot. I don’t put a lot of stock in nice. I’d prefer to be around people who have any of the above qualities over niceness, and I’d prefer it if that applied to me too.”

Alicia
    Participant

This is such a great quote! And so true! Nice is such a “blanket” term. If you’re going to point out a positive character trait in someone, choose something specific (they’re unselfish, they work hard to achieve goals, etc.). “Nice” has a positive connotation, but doesn’t really give specific information about what exactly is so great about a person.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.